Wiccan Holy Days and Sabbaths to Observe –
Candlemas, Imbolg, Brigid, St. Bridget’s Day – February 2
This holiday is to honor the Goddess in her next incarnation as Mother Goddess, also known as Brigid. It is called Candlemas, because it is the day when candles to be used throughout the year are to be blessed and dedicated. The lighting of candles also represents the coming of spring, returning warmth, and the passing of winter.
Candlemas – Additional Sabbath Tools
In addition to the standard Sabbath Tools, the following items should be brought to the Ritual.
Colors to wear
- white / green, white / blue, or just white
- candles (whatever your altar will hold safely)
- grass seeds in a container
- pot(s) with dirt (either individual size or one big one that someone promises to tend)
- snow (if available – if not then ice cubes) in a heat-proof glass
- emergency fire extinguisher
Seasonal Incense or Oil
- hot cross buns (symbolizes the circle sun wheel with a perfect intersecting ‘protecting’ cross)