Wiccan Holy Days and Sabbaths to Observe –
Vernal (Spring) Equinox, Ostara, Eostar, Easter – circa March 22
Easter Sunday falls near the original celebration of Ostara and the holiday marks the official return of the Mother Goddess after winter seclusion. In Greek mythology we find a rabbit that pleased his Goddess by presenting her with sacred decorated eggs.
Many of the symbols represent life and rebirth, newness and change. It is a time to shed old skin and ideas. Decorating eggs can be a symbol of this life and fertility.
Vernal Equinox – Additional Sabbath Tools
In addition to the standard Sabbath Tools, the following items should be brought to the Ritual.
Colors to wear
- white or pastels (natural fibers)
- un-bound hair
- lots of spring flowers (Those who have not brought their own flowers may look in the yard to pick some form of nature)
- percussive instrument
- Vase(s) for flowers
- Tarot cards
- Small pieces of parchment paper
- Ink pens (not pencils)
- Potted plant (preferably the grass that was planted on Candlemas)
- Someplace safe to put burning objects: extra incense burner, tin can, metal trash can, etc.
Seasonal Incense or Oil
- Chocolate eggs
- Scones with jam and clotted cream